Primary, Secondary & AED£115
- High Quality Course manual
- Wall Certificate and Certification card
- 1 Day
- Training that Complies with the very latest Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Qualification valid for 2 years
- Maximum Class size of 4 – Open Courses
Who is this course most suitable for?
Anyone interested in
1) learning how to respond to life-threatening emergencies
2) wanting to build confidence in their ability to provide care in emergency situations
3) learning how to take care of injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening
Our Primary and Secondary Care Course (Basic Life Support & First Aid) ‘does what it says on the box’. The course provides a hands on approach to dealing with the most life threatening of scenarios. Suitable for both workplace and domestic environments.
The Primary and Secondary care sections are undertaken by a combination of classroom teaching with lots and lots of practical practise to allow you the student time to become comfortable with the skill. We want everyone to walk away from this course with the willingness to apply the skills learnt in the unfortunate event of being faced with a life-threatening emergency
This course also falls within the requirements of the HSE appointed person and covers a range of subjects including:-
Primary Care (CPR) skills taught in this course:
- Scene Safety Assessment
- Universal Precautions – Communicable Disease Protection, including barrier use
- Primary Assessment Rescue Breathing
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Conscious and Unconscious Obstructed Airway Management
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Shock Management
- Spinal Injury Management
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training
Secondary Care (First Aid) skills taught in this course:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
This is a 1 day course.
On successful completion of the course an Emergency First Response Primary/Secondary Care with AED certification card valid for two years is issued.
You can also gain a CPD Credit of 6 hours for this course
Assessment is ongoing by the instructor in respect of the student’s practical ability, along with a multiple choice question paper.
Date(s) not convenient then contact us to discuss your dates and we will see what we can arrange for you.
Have a group of four or more then please contact us as we can arrange a closed course for you on dates that are mutually convenient and group pricing available