EFR Care for Children£115
If you are a UK professional child care provider such as Nannies, Nursery Carers, and Childminders. Then you need the 12 Hour Care for Children course to meet your regulatory requirements.
- Regulated Course
- Course manual, Certificate and Certification card Included
- A mixture of theory and practical instruction
- Training that Complies with the very latest Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Qualification valid for 2 years
- Maximum Class size of 4 – Open Courses
Who is this course most suitable for?
This course is suitable for nannies, parents/grandparents or those within Early Years who are working as part of a team with other staff who hold a Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
This course fulfils the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and NVQ Requirements.
In our one-day Care for Children (Paediatric First Aid) course you will learn to deal with medical emergencies involving children and infants of all ages. Many of the basic first aid protocols change when dealing with youngsters and by learning to handle situations involving injured or ill children you will be able to make a difference and offer assistance that may improve that child’s chances of a positive recovery. We use training aids specific to children and infants which gives you a true understanding of a child’s needs.
A range of subjects is covered including:
- Introduction to First Aid
- Scene Safety Assessment
- Universal Precautions-Communicable Disease Protection & Barrier Use Primary Assessment
- Obstructed Airway Management
- Rescue Breathing
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Serious Bleeding
- Shock Management
- Spinal Injury Management
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
A minimum of six hours makes up this unit consisting of theoretical and practical work.
This course is valid for 2 years from the date of completion.
No formal assessment is performed on this course, although the trainer will continually observe and monitor all candidates throughout the course, along with a multiple choice question paper. A Care for Children attendance certificate will be issued to all successful candidates, which is valid for 2 years